SAMUEL D. WILSON was born Abt. 1815 in North Carolina and died between 1866 and 1870 in Shelby County, TX. He married MARTHA MALINDA MATILDA HENDERSON, daughter of NATHANIEL HENDERSON and MARTHA BENSON. She was born January 05, 1818 in Tennessee, and died February 02, 1892 in Texas. She is buried in Macedonia Cemetery, near Granger, Willamson County, TX.
They moved their family to Shelby County, TX about 1854. He served as Private, 3rd Regiment, Texas Cavalry. Also known as South Kansas-Texas regiment. It was organized at Dallas on June 13, 1861 and mustered into Confederate service at Dallas on June 13, 1861, dismounted in April 1862 and remounted in late October 1862. Surrendered by Lieutenant General Richard Taylor, commanding the Department of Alabama, Mississippi, and East Louisiana, at Citronelle, Alabama on May 4, 1865.
Children of SAMUEL D. WILSON and MARTHA MALINDA MATILDA HENDERSON
|JOHN A. WILSON||b. Abt. 1839, Fayette County, Tennesee.|
|NEOMA ELIZABETH WILSON||b. Abt. 1843 in Fayette County, Tennesee.|
|MARTHA C. WILSON||b. Abt. 1845 in Fayette County, Tennesee.|
|NATHANIEL HENDERSON WILSON||b. February 13, 1846, in Fayette County, TN; d. 1922, Perry, Noble County, OK.|
|MARY M. WILSON||b. Abt. 1848 in Fayette County, Tennessee.|
|WILLIAM S. WILSON||b. Abt. 1849 in Fayette County, Tennessee.|
|JAMES M. WILSON||b. Abt. 1853 in Fayette County, Tennessee.|
|SAMUEL ROBERT WILSON||b. Abt. 1854, Shelby County, Texas.|
- 1840 Census Fayette County TN
- 1850 Census Fayette County TN
- 1860 Census Shelby County TX
- 1870 Census Shelby County TX
- 1880 Census Williamson County TX
- National Archives microfilm of Texas Confederate veteran’s service records. Film #M323-23.
- Texas Confederate Soldiers 1861 – 1865, Unit Roster Volume II, Janet B. Hewitt, Editor, (Wilmington, NC, Broadfoot Publishing Co., 1997.)
- Cemetery records, Macedonia Cemetery, near Granger, Willamson County, TX