Elias P. Dyches was born July 1829 in Washington Parish, Louisiana. He was the son of William C. Dyches. No evidence has been found so far that he was ever married. After his family moved to Bell County, he continued living there with his mother until her death; and the 1900 census does not list a wife living with him either. In 1862, Elias and his brother-in-law, James S. Bingham enlisted in Flournoy’s 16th Texas infantry during the Civil War. Both men served in Company “A”.
- 1830 Census Washington Parish, Louisiana.
- 1850 Census Williamson County, TX
- 1860 Bell County Census
- 1870 Census Bell County, Texas
- 1880 Census Bell County, Texas
- 1900 Census Bell County, TX
- Military service (CSA) Flournoy’s 16th Infantry Company A